Most people are starting to fade away from their New Year’s resolutions by February. With busy work schedules and cold weather, it’s tough to find time and energy to workout. However, by incorporating various workouts, you will stay motivated and energized and can maintain your resolution throughout the year.
- Spin Classes: One of the best ways to push yourself for a full 45 minutes to an hour is by taking a spin class. Not only are spin classes low impact, they are great for people of all fitness levels. Because you can control your speed and resistance, you can customize the class to your own level while still getting in a great cardiovascular workout.
- 5K Training: Most people are overwhelmed by the idea of starting a running routine. Because it can seem like a daunting task to just begin running out of nowhere, it’s a good idea to find a 5k several months out that you can slowly train for. This will give you motivation to keep working out for at least three or four months and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.
- Yoga Classes: One of the best ways to work out your body and mind is by taking a yoga class. With many different types of classes offered, there is a yoga class to fit whatever kind of workout you’re wanting. Whether you’re looking for a class to relax you, to focus on stretching or to build up a sweat, yoga’s got you covered.
- At-Home Workouts: When there’s just no time to get out of the house and to the gym, you can still get in a great workout by utilizing a free online workout video on YouTube. Whether you’re looking for a yoga class, strength training video or HIIT workout, you can find it online.
- Crossfit: One of the most popular workouts today is crossfit. Known for its quick results, crossfit focuses on both strength and cardio so you can shed pounds while building muscle. Crossfit is also a great way to meet other like-minded people who can help motivate you to keep working out.
Before beginning any workout regimen, it’s a good idea to talk with a medical professional. Denton Regional Urgent Care Center offers convenient hours and online check-in available, so we can have you in and out of the office in no time.
Disclaimer: Patients’ health can vary. Always consult with a medical professional before taking medication, making health-related decisions or deciding if medical advice is right for you.